Every married couple wants to become a parent, but in some cases, some women are not able to conceive naturally, so they have to resort to fertility treatment. In which women can become mothers through IVF and IUI. Some women get pregnant for the first time after treatment. At the same time, many women have to go through this process 2-3 times. Many patients are confused that which the best the two IVF and IUI is.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
IVF or test tube baby is called in vitro fertilization. In this process, more eggs than normal are made in the womb of women with the help of medicines and injections. The eggs are then surgically removed and mixed with the sperms in a culture dish in the lab and kept for 2-3 days for fertilization. Ultrasound is used in this whole process. Finally, when the embryo is formed, after the examination is implanted back into the woman’s womb. After implanting the embryo in the uterus, its success and failure are known through blood or pregnancy test at 14 days. The chances of a woman becoming a mother through this procedure are up to 70%.
Intrauterine Insemination Technique (IUI)
IUI ie Intrauterine Insemination Technique is a much simpler procedure than IVF. IUI is a simple fertility treatment that is done without fertility drugs. In this, the sperm of the man are injected directly into the uterus of the woman through a thin plastic catheter tube, but the woman has to take fertility drugs to produce eggs so that the embryo can be formed.
Let us know here what the difference between the two is.
- IUI is done when the problem is not in women but in their male partners. On the other hand, when the problem is found in women, then IVF is done.
- There are no chances of pregnancy after IUI after menopause, whereas women can become a mother even after menopause with IVF.
- The cost of becoming a mother through IUI treatment is much less than that of IVF.
- According to Best IVF Doctor in Faridabad, the quality of the embryo cannot be estimated in IUI, but in IVF the quality of the embryo can be seen in advance.
- The chances of becoming a mother by doing IVF are more than IUI.
Best IVF Clinic in Faridabad, we understand that undergoing infertility treatment can be confusing and stressful. That’s why we start with the counselling of the patient. We aim to educate our patients before starting any treatment for procedure and outcome.