Now sperm count is a sexual disorder called male infertility. the semen ejaculated during intercourse contains less amount of sperm in them than normal. If you have less than 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen, the doctor will consider your sperm count lower than average. Low sperm count shows that your sperm are less to fertilize your partner’s egg.Various factors can reduce sperm count. Some of the factors include:
- Drinking alcohol
- Certain medication
- The long-term underlying health condition
The first step to treating infertility is finding out the reason. If you are unsuccessful in your attempts to make your partner conceive. Now there are different treatments and steps that men can take to increase their sperm count before they consider ART (Artificial Reproductive Instrument). Your doctor may recommend ICSI if:
- You have a very low sperm count.
- Your sperm are abnormally shaped (poor morphology)
- They don’t move normally (poor motility)
- You’ve had IVF previously and none or very few of the eggs fertilized.
- ICSI benefits include helping you get pregnant even if you are dealing with one or more of the conditions:
- ICSI gives you a chance of conceiving your genetic child when other fertility treatment options are not working.
- If the male is unable to ejaculate for standard IVF, doctors can extract sperm for ICSI.
- ICSI can also be used with unexplained infertility.
- ICSI and IVF pregnancy rates are very similar and ICSI is a less complex treatment.
- ICSI doesn’t have any effect on child’s mental or physical development.
- ICSI takes shorter time than IVF.
ICSI is collecting a sperm sample and cleaning it to find the healthiest, strongest sperm. The egg is then injected with a single sperm to complete fertilisation. The best course of treatment for men with low sperm counts is usually IVF with ICSI. For males with poor sperm counts, we can significantly improve the success rate by combining IVF with ICSI, or intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Low sperm count does not mean you cannot be a father- there are many possible treatments for men considering parenthood. If you are a victim of poor sperm health or male infertility, it is time to work with a fertility clinic near you. Asha IVF and fertility center in Faridabad itself has a high success rate. Contact Dr. Astha Chakravarty and book your appointment now for infertility treatment.