Infertility is becoming a serious issue among women. We have many such cases when couples are not able to conceive naturally. There can be many reasons for infertility in women, such as ovulation disorder, fallopian tube damage, endometriosis, problems related to the uterus or cervix, etc. Experts say that if the symptoms are diagnosed and treated on time, infertility can be cured and the couple can be blessed with a baby very soon.
Causes of infertility in women include-
- Ovulation Disorders: Around 15% of women are struggling with infertility due to ovulation disorders. In ovulation disorder, ovaries do not release eggs, which makes it impossible to conceive.
- Endocrine disorder: In an endocrine disorder, the glands of the body start producing more or fewer hormones than normal, and due to the imbalance of hormones, there may be a problem of infertility.
- Tubal Blockage: This is one of the possible causes of female infertility. Fallopian tubes play an important role in pregnancy as fertilization of the egg and sperm. Blocked fallopian tubes obstruct the process of fertilization.
- Endometriosis: one-third of women with endometriosis struggle with the problem of infertility. In this condition, endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus, causing damage to the pelvic organs and making it difficult for a woman to conceive.
- Age: Fertility of women is high at a young age from 20 years to 30 years and after that their fertility starts decreasing. This is because as the age increases, both the quality and quantity of eggs of women decrease.
- Stress: Stress can affect our weight and hormones to a great extent, so stress can also cause infertility in women.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance can lead to problems like thyroid or PCOS.
- Modern Lifestyle: An unideal BMI is a result of an unhealthy lifestyle, which affects a woman’s menstrual cycle and can lead to infertility.
- Other disorders: Many other disorders can affect a woman’s fertility, such as uterine fibroids, autoimmune disorders, pelvic inflammatory disease, abnormal uterine shape, polyps, and infections.
- Alcohol or drugs: Consuming alcohol or drugs in excess can reduce fertility because it harms a woman’s eggs.
Treatment of Female Infertility
Dr. Ashtha Chakravarty says the treatment of female infertility depends on the severity and duration of infertility. First of all, we diagnose the cause of female infertility by ultrasound at Embryoscopy Clinic in Faridabad and then start the medication to control that problem such as immunological problems, endocrinological disorders or hormonal imbalances, and genetic/chromosomal abnormality. Assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF, IUI, and embryo transfer can be used for female infertility to get pregnant.